- Arrive in Manila, where Ties staff will meet you and provide transportation to the hotel. Filipino Ties families stay in moderate, clean hotels, where after a day out experiencing many new tastes, smells, sights and sounds, help families relax.
- Gather for an orientation meeting, a chance to connect with the other families, and discuss the journey ahead.
- Tour Manila and see Rizal Park, Intramuros and Fort Santiago.
- Stroll along Manila Bay and yes, eat scrumptious Filipino cuisine.
- Enjoy an afternoon with children living at The House of Refuge. Better come prepared with a song to share.
- Learn about culture and lifestyle from specially chosen guides who will be open to sharing.
- Bargain hunt at Greenhills Mall for traditional Filipino goods.
- Take the bus to Tagatay City. Along the way visit a Jeepney factory and observe how these unique vehicles are constructed. Stop by Las Pinas Church to see one of the world’s finest old organs, completely made from bamboo.
- Witness the beauty of Lake Taal, situated in the caldera, or depression, of Taal Volcano, one the world’s smallest active volcanoes
- Free time, Connect & Chat for adoptees, and Talk Time for parents throughout the trip.
For most families, Manila will be the jumping off point for the “Centerpiece of your Adoption Homeland Journey.”
- Meet Inter-Country Adoption Board and their staff.
- Visit your child’s orphanage and meet caregivers.
- If your adoption connections are elsewhere in The Philippines, The Ties Program will help with those arrangements too.
As families continue on their journey…
- Filipino Ties Flagship Program families enjoy two nights at a resort on the sandy shores of Subic Bay.
- Explore Las Casas de Acuzar, a living architectural museum celebrating the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Interact with Aeta (an indigenous people) families in Pamaulaklakin village where you’ll enjoy a cooking demonstration and a tribal dance performance.
- Experience a festive farewell dinner featuring traditional Filipino music and dance.
Ties Program Features
How to prepare, opportunities to process. YOUR NEED-TO-KNOW INFORMATION!
Possibilities for Adoption Visits
Connect with people and places related to your adoption. SEE WHAT'S POSSIBLE!
Flights, Connect & Chat, Staying Connected. LEARN MORE!
Need financial help? Or would you like to help an adoptee make this important journey? OPTIONS & IDEAS!
Created especially so that Ties participants can help in the communities they have visited. BE INSPIRED!
Read & Learn
Articles to help you on this journey of identity. DIVE DEEP INTO INFORMATION!